Below are ten writing prompts for grades 1 – 5. These writing prompts may be used verbatim or altered at the teacher’s discretion in order to better serve the students.
Ten Writing Prompts for Grades 1 – 5
1. What is your favorite school subject and why?
2. Do you think every child should have a pet? Why or why not?
3. Are you having a good day so far? Why or why not?
4. If a genie offered to grant you three wishes, what would they be?
5. How does the color yellow make you feel?
6. Which do you like better, art or music and why?
7. If you could spend a day doing anything you wanted to do, what would you do?
8. What makes you happy?
9. If a friend told someone a secret you had shared with him, could you forgive him?
10. Describe yourself in three words.