There are quite a few last minute graduation gifts that you can purchase if an unexpected late party invitation turns up, you just haven’t had the time to go shopping. Here’s a list of ten great grad gifts.
1. Memento Presents: Almost any boutique or store carries items that you can buy for graduates with the year imprinted on them. Examples include balloons, stuffed animals, keychains, picture frames and more,
2.Scrapbooking Kit: A scrapbook kit is a great way that someone can preserve the memories of their last summer before college in.
3. Photo Album: Not many guys scrapbook and if you are pretty sure the guy that you are buying for doesn’t either, a masculine photo album is a great alternative to a scrapbook. Buy one in a brown or black leather and he’ll at least get around to throwing the photos in.
4. Jewelry: If you do not want to go with the standard memento graduate charms or pendants, every girl could use a pretty pair of diamond studs or pearl necklace. Even if she has no where to wear them now, they will be used gratefully for many events in the years to come.
5. Watch: For the guys that are graduating a nice watch, or even a keepsake pocket watch, is a great heirloom present that can be passed down for generations to come. If you search around, you may even be able to find a local shop that can engrave an inscription on the back of it if you explain it’s one of your last minute graduation gifts.
6. Gift Certificate: You can buy a gift certificate to their favorite restaurant for a celebratory dinner or even to a local beauty salon for a complete going to college makeover. Even guys might want to check out a new hairstyle for freshman year. (If you happen to live in Minnesota check out Beauty Salons & Services Located in Bloomington, Minnesota and A Review of Beauty Salons in New Prague, Minnesota for some great establishments.)
7. Gift Cards: Everyone going off to college or a summer trip could use gift cards to use for gas or food. (If you have a little extra time, read Gift Card Books for Graduates. It shows you how to make them into a little more personal of a present. Buy prepaid Visa’s or Mastercards that the recipient can use anywhere when you are pressed for time
8. Emergency Road Trip Kit: Buy a prepackaged car emergency kit (all of the stuff like first aid, road flares and such is already prepackaged for you) plus throw in a few rolls of quarters for parking and toll booths. You can even add extra things like the prepaid gift cards and a scrapbook to record the trips that are taken this summer.
9. Electronics: Throwing in a digital camera or video camera to record, not only this summer’s but years of special moments to come. It is one of the best graduation gifts and makes a great addition to any of the above presents. If they are moving into their own place, any electronic addition (such as a movie player or stereo system) would be appreciated. For more great ideas that can double as housewarming presents also read How to Decorate a Dorm Room for Cheap and How to Make a Gift Basket for a First Apartment .
10.. Card/Cash: If you are just at a loss for what to buy, everyone could use a little extra cash. Find a great card and throw in some green and you are guaranteed to receive a smile of thanks. It may not be as personal as searching for the perfect present, but it will be appreciated just the same.
Although you needed some ideas for last minute graduation gifts this year, it’s never to early to start planning for next years bunch of graduate presents. An innovative idea is to get together with friends and loved ones and learn How to Make a Photo Puzzle Collage If you end up stuck again, you can always return to this list next June.
- How to Make Simple Graduation Invitations at Home Without a Computer found on www.associatedcontent.com/article/1581341/how_to_make_simple_graduation_invitations.h